Thursday, October 25, 2012

Stuck Between a Rock, Gold, Nemo, Chalk, Grandmothers, Aardvarks, and a Hard Place

Do you ever feel stuck when you are trying to write something?

I do. 


All the time. 


Just about every time I go to write something, I get stuck. 


When I'm outside and doing something else, I have a million and two ideas. Once I come inside though, I'm back where I started....


Being stuck, as usual, I came across a number of ways to get unstuck.

(1) Set a timer for five minutes. Then, Google something - anything! Now, sit facing the computer and just play! When the timer goes off, write about the first thing that comes to your mind or simply describe the page at which you are looking.



(2) Go outside, find some chalk, draw a picture, and then come in and write about what you drew. 



(3) Google Writing Prompts; you'll find a number of great suggestions like "Be A Secret Agent for Your Grandmother" and "Write a folk tale about a chivalrous aardvark who only speaks in rhyme."




Happy Writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment