Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Alarm Clocks

If you're anything like me, waking up at 6am without an alarm clock is, to say the least, a challenge. 



Browsing through alarm clocks on line is tedious. There are many to choose from. So, how do you decide which one is for you? Here are a couple that I found this morning. The reason I was Googling alarm clocks this morning is because after sleeping straight through my cell phone alarm, I realized I needed a more robust alarm to wake me up in the morning.



Traditional Standard Clock


This standard alarm clock works the same as most basic alarm clocks on the market. It has a nice LARGE snooze button and a very small hard to reach off button, which requires you to actually get up to turn it off. While getting up early in the morning is rarely a pleasant experience, I have found that getting up actually works to my advantage if I have somewhere to be.


The No-Glasses-Needed Alarm Clock


The No-Glasses-Needed Alarm Clock does everything its name tells us it does. The numbers on this screen seem to be a foot tall. You will never miss them from anywhere in the room. The one problem is that it only has a snooze button, so the alarm goes every five minutes. This usually result in phenomenon we call "flying alarm clocks". 


The Hello Kitty Light-Up Alarm Clock


The Hello Kitty Light-Up Alarm Clock greets you with a lovely theme song. So lovely, that it compels you to rush out of bed just to turn it off.  This clock is wonderful I thought! Well I thought this till I read the comments on the page. Unfortunately, consumer reports state that this clock induces eventual color blindness due to rapid fire color changing modes that continually go off.


The Sonic Boom Alarm Clock


The Sonic Boom Alarm Clock wakes you up every morning with a pleasurable mind-blowing sonic boom! If you were asleep before it went off, you're guaranteed to be awake for the next 24-hours while the ringing dissipates from your eardrums. One convenient bonus with the Sonic Boom Alarm Clock is that now you can awaken your entire neighborhood!


The Flower-Growing Alarm Clock


Always be sure to water your flowers- Oops! I meant, alarm clock. This alarm clock runs on flower power! Just insert your freshly picked flowers, water them, and Voilà! Each morning you'll be greeted by beautiful sprouting flowers. WARNING: There is no alarm feature on this alarm clock. It simply sings to your flowers while you are away.


The Flying Alarm Clock


The Flying Alarm Clock, unlike the alarm clock that flew out the window (above), flies away at your desired wake-up time. This alarm screeches until you replace the small place flying thingy (technical terms). Good luck turning it off if this thingy gets stuck behind a piece of furniture. The fun factor here is that the flying "thingy" flies in a different direction every time, this morning scavenger hunt quickly awakens the brain.


The British-Wake-Up-Call Alarm Clock



The British-Wake-Up-Call Alarm Clock nicely asks you to wake up in the morning. It provides you with relevant information and can even plan your next vacation for you! Unfortunately, this alarm clock is still at the prototype phase. The company states that you are more than welcome to join their lovely waiting list of more than 1,000,000 interested parties.


None of these alarm clocks speak to me in a way I feel comfortable being awaken from dreamland, as such, I'm still on the look-out for the ultimate alarm clock. I'm thinking a time machine would best suit my needs! This way, I can sleep as late as I wish and then travel back in time to 6am and be refreshed and raring to go!






1 comment: